Journey cards & Special Offers
Hellenic Train informs its cardholders that the following forms of compensation are foreseen for cards issued by the electronic system of Hellenic Train, valid after 01 March 2023 and applicable to all routes of the network.
1. UNLIMITED ROUTE CARDS
Passengers who have been issued multi-trip cards with validity in number of days (6, 15, 30 days & 3, 6, 12 months), have the right to deposit their cards at the station ticket offices and to be refunded without deduction in cash, a fee equal to the price per day of the card multiplied by the number of additional days from 01-03-2023 until the expiry date.
2. CARDS WITH TRAVEL NUMBER
Passengers who have been issued with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 return travel cards with a validity of 1 month and expiring after 01-03-2023, if not all the journeys have been made by the expiry date, have the right to deposit their cards at the station ticket offices and to be reimbursed, without deduction in cash, a fee equal to the price of the card divided by the number of journeys not made.
Hellenic Train grants significant reductions to frequent travelers for trips on the same route. You may choose a Multiple Journey Card for a specific number of return trips or alternatively, a Multiple Journey Card for unlimited number of trips for a certain period of time.
The Multiple Journey Cards are valid on specific routes of Hellenic Train, such as:
- For the route Thessaloniki-Larisa-Kalambaka. It is valid for travels in trains with no obligatory seat reservation on this route.
- For the route Thessaloniki-Florina.
- Monthly Multiple Journey Cards for the route Lianokladi-Stilida (25€-discounted price for University students 18€)
- Monthly Multiple Journey Cards for the route Sofades-Kalampaka (50€-discounted price 43€). Is not valid in trains 882-887.
- Monthly Multiple Journey Cards for the route Pirgos – Katakolo-Olympia.
Katakolo-Pirgos costs 15€
Pirgos-Olympia costs 15€
Katakolo-Olympia costs 30€
- Regular and discounted price cards for the routes (zonal) of the Patras Suburban.
- Monthly multiple journey cards will be in effect for the routes Thiva-Athens-Thiva (100€) and Livadia-Athens-Livadia (130€), for travels in trains with no obligatory seat reservation and for economy class. A supplement of 2€ per each reservation will be required for travels in trains with obligatory seat reservation.
Athens Suburban Railway
- Multiple Journey Card for the route Athens - Chalkida. Multiple Journey Card valid on the route Acharnes-Chalkida and Kato Acharnes-Piraeus are also valid on Athens Urban Route (Magoula-Koropi). They do not apply to other means of the OASA.
- Multiple Journey Cards for the following Athens Suburban Lines:
Athens International Airport «Elefterios Venizelos» – Koropi – SKA - (Ano Liosia)
Athens International Airport «Elefterios Venizelos» -Koropi – Athens – Piraeus
Piraeus – Athens- Athens International Airport «Elefterios Venizelos»
Piraeus – Athens - Kiato
Monthly Journey Card valid for connections with OASA’s public transports (metro, electric line, buses, trolley buses), which costs 27€ (discounted price 13,5€, transport by metro to Koropi station - express Airport bus line excluded ) or priced 45€ (discounted price 22,5€, transport to Athens Aiport).
Special Prices for the residents of Karditsa & Trikala Regions
Provision of special prices for the residents of the Regions of Karditsa and Trikala, for travel by trains 882 and 887 (Athens-Kalampaka-Athens), with the presentation of a discount card. The card is issued only by the physical points of sale of Hellenic Train and is valid for 1 year.
For the issuance of the card, the passenger must present an official form, certifying his place of residence in the Regional Units of Karditsa or Trikala:
- Identity card of the applicant, where it is listed as place of birth in the Regional Units of Karditsa and Trikala
- Electricity, water, fixed telephony bill in the name of the applicant that concerns a property in the Regional Units of Karditsa and Trikala
- Certificate of permanent residence of the applicant from the Municipality of the Regional Units of Karditsa and Trikala
- Document on the exercise of the applicant's right to vote in the Regional Units of Karditsa and Trikala
The possibility of issuing a discount card is also provided to the family members of the applicant by presenting a certificate of marital status.
For some of the above routes either cards are issued for a longer period of time or for a certain number of trips (with return).
For more information, contact the local Hellenic Train outlets.