Journey cards & Special Offers
Hellenic Train grants significant reductions to frequent travelers for trips on the same route. You may choose a Multiple Journey Card for a specific number of return trips or alternatively, a Multiple Journey Card for unlimited number of trips for a certain period of time.
The Multiple Journey Cards are valid on specific routes of Hellenic Train, such as:
- For the route Thessaloniki-Larisa-Kalambaka. It is valid for travels in trains with no obligatory seat reservation on this route.
- For the route Thessaloniki-Florina.
- Monthly Multiple Journey Cards for the route Lianokladi-Stilida (25€-discounted price for University students 18€)
- Monthly Multiple Journey Cards for the route Sofades-Kalampaka (50€-discounted price 43€). Is not valid in trains 882-887.
- Monthly Multiple Journey Cards for the route Pirgos – Katakolo-Olympia.
Katakolo-Pirgos costs 15€
Pirgos-Olympia costs 15€
Katakolo-Olympia costs 30€
- Regular and discounted price cards for the routes (zonal) of the Patras Suburban.
- Monthly multiple journey cards will be in effect for the routes Thiva-Athens-Thiva (100€) and Livadia-Athens-Livadia (130€), for travels in trains with no obligatory seat reservation and for economy class. A supplement of 2€ per each reservation will be required for travels in trains with obligatory seat reservation.
3. Athens Suburban Railway
- Monthly Multiple Journey Card for the route Athens - Chalkida. Multiple Journey Card valid on the route Acharnes-Chalkida and Kato Acharnes-Piraeus are also valid on Athens Urban Route (Magoula-Koropi). They do not apply to other means of the OASA.
- Multiple Journey Cards for the following Athens Suburban Lines:
Athens International Airport «Elefterios Venizelos» – Koropi – SKA - (Ano Liosia)
Athens International Airport «Elefterios Venizelos» -Koropi – Athens – Piraeus
Piraeus – Athens- Athens International Airport «Elefterios Venizelos»
Monthly, 3-month, 6-month and yearly Multiple Journey Card and
Monthly Journey Card valid for connections with OASA’s public transports (metro, electric line, buses, trolley buses), which costs 27€ (discounted price 13,5€, transport by metro to Koropi station - express Airport bus line excluded ) or priced 45€ (discounted price 22,5€, transport to Athens Aiport).
4. Special Prices for the residents of Karditsa & Trikala Regions
Provision of special prices for the residents of the Regions of Karditsa and Trikala, for travel by trains 882 and 887 (Athens-Kalampaka-Athens), with the presentation of a discount card. The card is issued only by the physical points of sale of Hellenic Train and is valid for 1 year.
For the issuance of the card, the passenger must present an official form, certifying his place of residence in the Regional Units of Karditsa or Trikala:
- Identity card of the applicant, where it is listed as place of birth in the Regional Units of Karditsa and Trikala
- Electricity, water, fixed telephony bill in the name of the applicant that concerns a property in the Regional Units of Karditsa and Trikala
- Certificate of permanent residence of the applicant from the Municipality of the Regional Units of Karditsa and Trikala
- Document on the exercise of the applicant's right to vote in the Regional Units of Karditsa and Trikala
The possibility of issuing a discount card is also provided to the family members of the applicant by presenting a certificate of marital status.
For some of the above routes either cards are issued for a longer period of time or for a certain number of trips (with return).
For more information, contact the local Hellenic Train outlets.