Tickets & Ticket Discounts / Offers
Ticketing is possible until 5 minutes prior itinerary’s departure.
- The tickets of the Athens Suburban and Regional Lines (only for trains without seat reservation) are valid 1 hour before and 2 hours after the departure time of the passenger's itinerary, as stated on the ticket (without the need for passengers to present themselves at the ticket offices). Inter-functional tickets issued through the OASA system are excluded.
- It is possible to change booking, at the Hellenic Train ticket offices, until 10 min prior to itinerary departure, as indicated on the ticket, by selecting same route on different date or time. The following are excluded:
→Tickets issued after the scheduled departure of the service due to a delay at the passenger's starting station.
→The tickets for the routes of the Patras Suburban.
→Inter-functional tickets issued through the OASA system
Hellenic Train applies a pricing policy that addresses many categories of passengers by providing special discounts and offers.
- 20% discount on return tickets, (return discount is given on tickets that do not contain any other discount, to passengers over 65 years old and to military/military personnel. The return discount is always given on tickets with a closed return date).
- Up to 15% discount on tickets purchased prior to departure, rewarding passengers planning their trips ahead
- Considerable discounts up to 50% on Multiple Journey Cards, rewarding our loyal friends
- Discounts for groups
- 25% discount for AEI students (valid for 2nd class tickets) and students that are participating in EE Erasmus programme
50% discount for AEI students and students of public IEK (valid for 2nd class tickets), if they move from their place of residence (prefecture) to the seat of their school & vice versa. Also, students are entitled 50% discount when their journey is a part of the whole journey that connects their place of residence to their school.
Foreigners students, who study in AEI under the EU Erasmus programme for the duration of their studies are also entitled to the above student discounts.
The above student discounts are granted with the presentation of the valid academic identity, which has been issued by a Greek university / public IEK.
- Children up to age of 4 travel free if a separate seat is not required
- Children up to age of 4 who travel with a separate seat and children from 4 to 12 years old are entitled to 50% discount
- 25% discount for the young passengers (up to the age of 24)
- 50% discount for multi children families (4 children and more), upon presentation of the family or individual identity card of large families, issued by the Supreme Confederation of Large Families or Association of Large Families,
- 50% discount for persons with reduced mobility. More information: Transport of persons with special needs/reduced mobility
The above discounts are applied either in combination or individually depending on the route chosen by the passenger. In any case, the total price reduction due to the discounts offered cannot exceed 40% of the original ticket price.
Hellenic Train's Smart, Electronic ticket
Passengers can purchase the electronic ticket in all Hellenic Train ticket offices in Attica.
- This new smart ticket can store fare products of Hellenic Train and OASA.
- It can be recharged at the points of sale of Hellenic Train, OASA and the automatic machines in the Metro and electric stations
- It can be loaded with 90-minute city tickets and the passenger can travel to the OASA zone by all means
- It is fully interoperable with the gates of the Suburban, Metro, Electric railway, and buses.
It is the new smart and modern electronic tool of the Hellenic Train in the hands of the passenger.
I use the Athens Suburban Railway: OASA ZONE PRICES in the Athens Urban Zone
Hellenic Train in the Athens Suburban Railway, in the OASA urban area, will apply the new reduced OASA prices, for as long as they are valid.
Athens - Kalampaka - Athens: I am a resident
From 01.06.2020, the pricing policy on the routes 882 and 887 Athens-Kalampaka is modified, offering special prices to the residents of the Regional Unit of Karditsa and the Regional Unit of Trikala, by issuing a discount card for their travels. The discount card is issued by the Hellenic Train physical points of sale, upon presentation of one of the following official documents:
- Fixed telephony, electricity, water bill, in the name of the applicant, concerning a property in the Regional Units of Karditsa and Trikala
- Police Identity Card of the applicant, listing as place of birth the Regional Units of Karditsa and Trikala
- Certificate of permanent residence of the applicant from the Municipality in the Regional Units of Karditsa and Trikala
- Document certifying the exercise of the applicant's right to vote in the Regional Units of Karditsa and Trikala
The discount card can also be issued to the applicant's family members upon presentation of a marital status certificate. The prices that will apply to the residents of the above areas are:
|From Athens||New price from 1.6.2020|
|to||Class A||Class B|
For passengers who do not fall into the above category of residents, the ticket price on the line Athens - Kalambaka - Athens is modified as follows:
|From Athens to||New price from 1.6.2020|
|Class A||Class B|